The Three Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce works to protect, promote and react to the interests and needs of the businesses within our community. We strive to enhance the local economy while protecting the natural resources, unique to our area.
In Three Lakes you can live and work where everyone else comes to vacation!
Three Lakes encompasses 99 square miles, of which about one-third is water. Most of the remaining land mass is wooded. Only about 5% of the total land is developed with homes and businesses. As of 2019 our population was 2,120. However, during the summer months when seasonal residents are present the population swells to several thousand.
Three Lakes provides for more broadband coverage and provider options than any other rural community in the Northwoods. Nearly 90% of residents have access to up to four different providers. In Three Lakes you can telecommute or operate a home business while overlooking the greatest water resource in the state. Companies can establish a storefront in our town center, within walking distance of one of the best libraries in the state, which itself is just down the block from our Top 10 school that believes personalized education partnered with expansive use of technology in the classroom is the pinnacle of a 21st-century education.
- Census 2010 Total Population – 2,131
- Median Age – 59.1
- Educational Attainment: Percent high school graduate or higher – 95.9%
- Total housing units – 3,256
- Median Household Income – 51,167
- Foreign Born Population – 18
- Individuals below poverty level – 9.6%
- White – 2,005
- Black or African American – 0
- American Indian and Alaska Native – 0
- Asian – 11
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander – 0
- Other Race – 4
- Two or More Races – 5
- Hispanic or Latino (of any race) – 34
- White, Not Hispanic or Latino – 1,980
Veterans – 218